1.08.2012

my new year's resolution

I found my New Year's resolution today in church, or rather, I heard it read and it resonated in my heart like a bell ringing clear, calling me to sit up and pay attention.  The service today focused on the glory of God.  The worship, scripture, sermon, and sharing all pointed to the fact that "the chief end of man is to glorify God and enjoy him forever."

As part of the service, the verse from I Corinthians 10:31 was read, 

"So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."  

In those words I heard My whole self say, "Yes" to this as the verse for this new year, the thing I need to be resolved above all else to do.   

The point was made that one way we glorify God is with our words.  As I wrote the word, my hand slowed to form the letters slowly: WORDS.  I pondered the power of words, both spoken and written.  I felt nudged toward this space, for this blog to be one of the ways I give glory to God this year.

I hope that today, as I hosted a play date for two little girls, as I made space in my day for someone who was really hurting, and as I did all the tasks that a Mom does during the day, that I was a conduit and reflector of the marvelous glory of God.  By His grace, for His glory...  

1 comment:

Heather said...

I love this verse! It definitely speaks to the heart of this mom. One I try to live up to and talk about, and fail, but try again. Your blog was a reminder to keep trying! :)